Saturday 23 January 2016

139 Days

Saturday is not a good day for knitting white dresses. Too many small boys with 5 second attention spans and dubiously sticky fingers. Today has been about household chores, bracing fresh air and the sock.

We headed up to Hampsfell, the local vantage spot over Morecambe bay. The building at the top is called the Hospice; I'm not entirely sure why, presumably because it gave respite to walkers in all weathers. Our ninja and the ninja next door ran themselves ragged and were knackered pleasantly subdued for the rest of the afternoon.


I forgot to take the sock on the walk with us and it has repaid me by being a pain in the arse this afternoon. I'm kind of freelancing on the pattern - FM has very wide feet so I'm trying to grade up the pattern, but not doing it very well. I always knit my socks on circulars - I used to use dpn's until FM pointed out that using them in the car could pop the airbag if we were ever in a collision. I'd have been more concerned about my heart/lungs/spleen, but he loves his car. So I switched to circulars and haven't looked back. This makes it tricky when reading a pattern written for dpn's. Anyway, I have 74 stitches on the needles and have ended up with 42 on the top of the sock and 32 underneath after knitting the heel and instep decreases. Do I rip it back? Do I have the time? Would FM know or care? I'll have to sleep on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment