Sunday 24 January 2016

138 Days


I finished knitting the bodice last night; all I have to do now is a 3 needle bind off on the shoulders and then I can try it on for size. Then I'll probably have to go on a crash diet 'cause there's no way I'm ripping all of this back if it's too small. Some of the projects listed on Ravelry for this pattern are rather 'snug'. I'm all for fitted, but snug at my time of life is not a wildly exciting option, either for me or the wedding guests. I'm just a step away from elasticated waists; I'll do Spanx if I have to, but I'd rather be comfy than constrained.

I washed the swatch this morning and it came out sparkly, smelling of flowers and most importantly, the same size. The pattern says to block the bodice before seaming the shoulders, but I have lots of live stitches so I'm reluctant to wash it before it's seamed. I figure I'll block it, seam it, do the crochet armholes and buttonholes, drink a glass of whisky, down a Tramadol and then finally wash the bodice. I need sedation in case it goes pear shaped.

I had a rough plan to finish the dress by the end of January. I'm more or less there, but I still need to crochet, buy and sew on buttons and block. If it's not quite right it will give me breathing space before the big day. The plan is still on schedule - for now!

The sock? It'll do. I'm not ripping it back. FM is a knitting muggle - he'll never know the difference. I just have to remember to make the same mistakes on the second sock now.


No comments:

Post a Comment