Thursday 21 January 2016

141 Days





I've started this blog so many times, then either deleted because of embarrassment or lost the will to wrestle with our ancient laptop. Blogger is a pain in the arse too, but that's probably down to me because no-one else seems to moan about it. (AArghh!! It's centred this paragraph and I can't change it. Why!!!) 

So here we go again. 320th time lucky.

141 days is the amount of time we have between today and our wedding day. Sounds like half a year (if I squint at it) but in reality it's just 19 weeks and I'm slightly panicking. You see, I've decided to 'craft' our wedding and I think I've done a Yarn Harlot at Christmas and given myself too much to do.
The list is thus:

1. Knit my wedding dress from this pattern
2. Knit a cardigan/shawl/bolero to go with it (it's a June wedding in Northumberland - I'd be a fool not to)
3. Knit/crochet my bouquet
4. Make a slip to go under my very lacy revealing dress
5. Knit a tie for FM, my intended
6. Knit a matching tie for the Ninja
7. Make invites (this should probably be number 1 but hey, we can text)
8. Make bunting, place settings, table decs etc.....
9. Make bouttonieres for the top brass

Do-able? No, I didn't think so. I've almost made the dress, but I'm sure it has a few black holes left to suck me in to.

No comments:

Post a Comment